- Li Ning top of the range machine used for all stringing.
- The machine has advanced features to provide pre-stretching to the strings, compensate for knots and the ability to do different vertical and horizontal tensions.
- The machine used at NZBC is exactly the same machine personally used by 3-time Olympic champion Lin Dan during his tournament in New Zealand
- 20 Years of stringing experience and over 10000 racquets strung.
- We specialize in high tension stringing and numerous times redone the brand-new stringing done by many established badminton centers.
- Use the best two top brands of Yonex and Li-Ning strings or your own strings for all our string service.
- General turn around time is 3 - 5 days during less busy season. and 2 - 3 days during less busy season
- Urgent Service is provided within 1 - 2 days subject to advance booking and accepted with extra $10 charge.
- Same Day or Overnight service available subject to advance booking and acceptance $15 extra.
- 7 days a week 365-day service.
- Drop off and pick up between 9AM – 10 PM
- 2 weeks repair warranty for mishits and accidental breakage for no reason for all strings less than 24Ibs.
- Free expert advice
Stringing costs and detailsCost varies $25 - 38 depending on the string chosen.
All strings stretch, like elastic, and therefore from the day your racquet is strung, the strings begin to lose tension (known as creepage in the trade).
Every racquet has a “sweet spot” This is an area on the strings which produces the best results from the contact with a shuttle.
The lower the tension, the bigger the sweet spot. Consequently, beginners need to play with lower tensions as they are more likely to mishit the shuttle. The bigger “optimum hitting area” is therefore essential in their progress in the sport.
As a player becomes more consistent, they do not require such huge sweet spots. Their needs change and they now require a faster “response” off the strings and more power.
As tensions are increased, the sweet spot reduces. A highly accomplished player, who consistently hits the shuttle well, will generate more power and enjoy the benefits of the shuttle travelling faster off the strings. The tighter strings give them more control.
As you can imagine, exceeding recommended limits is potentially dangerous in two ways. Firstly, the racquet frame may crack or shatter due to the significant pressure on it. Second, when you increase tension, you also increase vibration through the racquet which can cause serious injuries.
Is it true that “the tighter the string, the better” or “the tighter the string, the more power you get.”
No, it's not true.
What tension is right for me and my racquet?
String tensions are so personal. We all play a different game, some are power players, some are great tacticians, some have a very broad range of shots, others have limited shots but have mastered them. Essentially we are all different. You need to experiment to find the optimum tension for your style of play. It’s so common for players to boast about playing with super-high tensions and yet their performance will be suffering as a result.
Test to find your optimum tension and string choice.
Once again, this is personal to you and you alone. What’s right for you may be detrimental to your club colleague or partner.
Please do not be fooled by those boasting of extremely high tensions.
So here’s a guide to racquet tensions.
Intermediate: 22lbs -24lbs
High performance/national/international: 26lbs – 30lbs
Is there any danger if we do not have the right string tension?
- Your racquet may crack or shatter while stringing or playing if you exceed the recommended tension of the manufacturer.
- When you increase tension, you also increase vibration through the racquet which can injure your arm.
The loss of repulsion characteristics means the player may have to put more into the shot to get the same power. This may result in tennis elbow, shoulder or neck injuri
High Racquet String Tension (24-30 lbs).
You need to have right skills to get benefit from high tension otherwise it can lead to injury, affects your performance and strings break very often.
Lot of strain on the racquet, which can easily break the racquet frame even with a minor accident/clash.
Strings can break within 2-3 weeks or in few days with a “Mishit”.
Suitable only if you are a wrist/impulse player and have the correct skills.
Low or Medium Racquet Tension (20-24 lbs)
String durability will be much higher and lasts longer period.
Very good for social level play.
Racquet frames have less chance of breakage.
Less control and power
The condition of your racket will be examined to determine the suitable stringing tension. However hidden damage cannot be identified or correct tension may not be established.
We do not take any responsibility for
Damage to the racket/string during or after the restringing if your required tension is higher than the manufacturer’s recommended tension, or if the paint chipped racket may contain hidden and internal damage.
String breakage caused by mishit outside the sweet spot.
Unauthentic racket or personal string.
Aluminum or steel racket may warp for tension greater than 18lbs.
Please remove broken string to prevent the frame from warping.
Premature string breakage??
Only leave the broken string and all the grommets on as proof to claim for replacement and provide the details of the incident if you believe the breakage was caused by an improper job done by our stringer or the quality of the string provided by us. Our experienced stringer will determine if a free replacement can be provided.
where the shuttle cock hits on the top or bottom of the strings near the frame. It’s the most common way of breaking strings. Pattern of mishit: the strands would be similar in length.